This is a twelve month (260 day) custodial position. The majority of the year it is an evening shift that runs from 2:00pm until 10:00pm. During the summer months, when students are gone, the hours are from 8:00am until 4:00pm. You will be responsible for performing a wide range of cleaning duties and minor maintenance duties for the facility.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Gather and empty trash
- Clean light fixtures and replace lights.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Clean furniture, fixtures, walls, machines, and equipment
- Clean windows, glass, partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Clean, wash, and disinfect drinking fountains
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Steam clean and shampoo carpets
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Operate a fork lift truck
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers, hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from the grounds
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels, snow blowers, snow plows, and spread snow melting chemicals
- Set up, arrange, and remove tables, chairs, etc. to prepare the facility for events such as banquets and meetings, and then clear the items after the event
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Notify the Director concerning the need for any repairs needed to the facility.
Health Insurance: The Local Choice/Key Advantage Plans (Single, Dual, or Family coverage election – portion paid by JRTC)
Group Life Insurance: Paid by JRTC – Minnesota Life Insurance
Optional Life Insurance: Employee option available
Retirement: Virginia Retirement System (5% paid by Employee)
Sick Leave: 15 days per year – may accumulate
Personal Leave: 3 days per year
Annual Leave: Runs from 13 to 20 days a year depending on the number of years of service.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform all of the listed responsibilities